Thursday, August 12, 2010

Helpful Auto Accident Tips

If you were in a car accident, would you know what to do? For many people, the course of action after a collision is very puzzling. Here’s a few tips to help you out:

1. Turn on your hazard lights and move your vehicle if possible. This can prevent a second collision.
2. Do not discuss who was at fault. Let your insurance company battle it out.
3. Call the police. If somebody is injured, call 911 immediately.
4. Exchange information. This includes name, address, number, insurance info, and vehicle info. Obtain info from witnesses as well.
5. Talk to the police. Write down his/her name and department. Ask for the incident number.
6. Take photos of the car and surrounding area. If you do not have a camera, write down the names of streets and possibly draw a quick diagram.
7. Call your insurance company. The sooner the better! Most companies offer tow services as well.


We hope that you never get into an accident, but if you do, remember these tips!

2 comments:

  1. Its really difficult to handle this situation but one has to be calm and have to handle the situation in a proper way. I have learnt all the tips and wish I have not to ever face this situation but if I do I will make use of all of them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really difficult to handle this situation but one has to be calm and have to handle the situation in a proper way. I have learnt all the tips and wish I have not to ever face this situation but if I do I will make use of all of them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete